TONKA UNITED SOCCER ASSOCIATION
Club Communications | September 10, 2021
Happy September, Tonka United! What an awesome feeling to have our players out on the fields. Fall soccer is in full swing; the first days of the new school year are under our belts; pumpkin spice is wafting throughout the coffee shops; colorful leaves begin to litter the ground. All tell-tale signs that we are in transition and autumn is inevitable. As with any transition, we send out a friendly reminder to be gentle, patient, and kind with yourselves and others as change, of any kind, can be challenging for many. Sometimes it can bring out the “not-the-nicest” side of people - kids and adults alike. Enjoy this time - together as a community playing and spectating our beloved game of soccer.
We have heard from many families regarding the delays in receiving orders from Soccer Master - some orders placed as far back as July. Please know that Soccer Master is doing their very best to meet the needs and fulfill the orders of our Tonka United families. There is still a MAJOR GLOBAL supply chain/distribution issue as a ripple effect from the pandemic. Tonka United is not the only club with delays receiving orders. Soccer Master is not the only vendor having issues fulfilling orders. Adidas is not the only brand with manufacturing/production delays. Please review THIS COMMUNICATION that was emailed to families by Soccer Master on September 1st. Additionally, our account rep from Soccer Master just provided us with this update yesterday on the entire Tonka United Club status of orders:
We are currently finishing up Tonka Rec. Tonka Competitive is in the middle of being pulled and will be headed to production in the next day or two. We will begin producing and shipping Tonka Competitive next week but we can’t make guarantees on a set date as to when those orders will arrive to your members via USPS but they will begin receiving tracking information as soon as orders ship.
So what do you wear as an alternative to the uniform for your matches until your order arrives?
- Little Juniors & Recreational Leagues: Please continue to wear any red or blue top, blue shorts, and blue socks. Questions can be directed to Kelly Loch, Recreation Coordinator - email@example.com
- U9 Competitive: Please wear your blue (HOME) and pink (AWAY) tryout t-shirts for your matches. Questions can be directed to Team Managers & Team Coaches.
- U10-U14 Competitive: Please wear your blue tryout t-shirt for HOME matches. Wear a plain white t-shirt with a number taped on the back for AWAY matches. Questions can be directed to Team Managers & Team Coaches.
TCSL and our home field refs are aware of the uniform situation and will provide grace on the compliance with the league uniform rules. Again, we are not the only club in this situation. That being said, please do not place any further orders with Soccer Master as they will not be able to fulfill anything more in a timely manner that is relavent to this fall 2021 season.
COVID-19 PROTOCOL REMINDERS
A reminder that Covid-19 is still active and we ask all our families to continue to be diligent about reporting positive Covid-19 cases in their players to Tonka United, as well as player close contact exposure to positive Covid-19 cases. All Covid-19 positive cases must be reported regardless of vaccination status. All Covid-19 exposures or positive cases need to be reported FIRST to Bobbi Hoebelheinrich at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will assist families in determining next steps and what quarantine situations apply to help keep teammates and coaches healthy and safe. Tonka United follows MN Dept of Health’s most recent Quarantine Guidelines. You do not need to notify your coach, your manager or program administrator - BOBBI IS YOUR FIRST CONTACT PERSON AT TONKA UNITED FOR ALL THINGS COVID-19 RELATED!
General Safety Guidelines
- If your player is sick or feels sick, please have them STAY HOME.
- Parents are to ensure that their player is not ill or displaying symptoms prior to each practice or game. (Fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, upset stomach, red or swollen toes are current symptoms of COVID-19).
- Each player must have their own equipment, including ball, water, and hand sanitizer.
- Players must not share water bottles.
- Players wearing masks are at parent discretion.
- Players should limit contact with others by refraining from high-fives or handshakes (including with opponents or spectators). Sportsmanship can be demonstrated through team line ups with clapping and/or cheers.
SOCCER SATURDAY- SEPTEMBER 18th
We are so excited that the Minnetonka High School Soccer Saturday Festival is back this year - after being canceled last year (for obvious reasons). We are a proud supporter of the MHS Soccer programs and encourage all of our players and families to enjoy a weekend full of soccer.
This year, all current Tonka United players U14 and younger will receive a free ticket to Soccer Saturday. This ticket is valued at $10 and is good for admission to multiple men’s and women’s games at Minnetonka High School throughout the day and a free meal. The festival also includes contests, a caricature artist, and many more fun-filled activities. You will not want to miss out on this event. Use this as an opportunity for a team building event and wear your Tonka United gear to support your soccer community!
Additional tickets are available to purchase at the gates on Saturday, Sept 18th.
U9 - U14 teams begin matches this weekend! A few reminders as you jump into the fall playing season:
- Use your TeamSnap account to mark availability for all events (trainings, games, meetings, tournaments, etc.) - and keep it updated. Your Coaches and Team Managers THANK YOU!
- Check with your Team Manager if you have uniform questions.
- Winter schedules will not be available until October.
LITTLE JUNIORS (PreK - 2nd grade) and RECREATION (3rd - 8th grade) PROGRAMS:
Half-way through the fall season and now we move all games across the program to Saturdays. Reminder to players and families to look around your area before you leave the games to pick-up any trash, water bottles, miscellaneous personal items, etc.
JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT FALL 2021 SKILLS CLINICS HIGHLIGHTS
Mary Henderson, Tonka United Competitive Program Coordinator, has a not-so-hidden talent. She is a very talented artist and her art was featured in a few local publications recently. We are so proud of the work Mary does for us and with our team managers & families, and equally proud of her work as an artist!
Learn more about appropriate sideline behavior expectations and TAKE THE PLEDGE! Be part of the movement to improve the youth soccer sidelines - making the entire game experience more enjoyable for players, parents, coaches and referees - starting on our own fields and within our own community. For access to more FREE parent resources such as articles, webinars, on-line courses and much, much more, CLICK THIS LINK to sign up.
- September 18: MHS Soccer Saturday Festival Event
- September 18: Tonka United Take Over at Allianz Field
- September 19: Coaching Clinic hosted by Wayne Harrison, Technical Director - MMW @ 5:00p
Have Questions? Who do you contact?
U9 - U10 Boys: Kellen Johnson - email@example.com
U9 - U10 Girls: Rebecca Scott - firstname.lastname@example.org
U11- U14 Boys: Mauricio Lozada - email@example.com
U11 - U14 Girls: Eli Baker - firstname.lastname@example.org
U15+ Boys/Girls: Brian Jungwirth - email@example.com
Competitive Program Administration - Mary Henderson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreation Program Administration - Kelly Loch - email@example.com
Overall Club Operations - Bobbi Hoebelheinrich - firstname.lastname@example.org
- MONDAYS: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- WEDNESDAYS: 12:00 - 4:00pm
- THURSDAYS: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Address: 18328 Minnetonka Blvd, Deephaven, MN 55391
FOLLOW, LIKE, TAG & SHARE: