Director of Recreation Position Opening
1.6.21 - Tonka United has announced the opening of our Director of Recreation position. Please read below for more information.
POSITION: Director of Recreation
LOCATION: Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Lead rec program with main goal to create a positive soccer environment for all players, coaches and families
- Help plan programming for the Recreation program
- Implement and run Spring & Fall Seasons
- Plan, implement and run Winter Skills Clinics
- Lead Rec Team to plan, implement, and run Tonka Blast (end of spring rec event)
- Plan, implement, and run Spring & Fall Clinics
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, local schools, and communities to promote the game of soccer
- Helps with other club events. Current Tonka United events: Tonka Splash, Tonka Blast, Tryouts, and other club-wide events.
- Works with the Recreation Coordinator, Executive Director, and Director of Coaching on timelines and tasks for successful execution of all programs.
- Is a presence on the field within the Recreation Program
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time (seasonal) salaried W-4 position (1-40 hrs./week) with entry to mid-level pay commensurate with experience. Busy months are March – June, August – mid-October
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will have:
- Soccer Coaching experience with youth
- Organizational and customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (ideally 365)
- USSF Licensing, ideally youth or grassroots
- Elementary age teaching experience
- Experience with families with young children
BACKGROUND: Tonka United is one of the largest non-profit youth soccer club in Minnesota and the upper Midwest. Currently TUSA has over 3,500 boys and girls on its recreational and competitive teams. We are affiliated with the US Youth Soccer, Minnesota Youth Soccer Association (MYSA) and Twin Cities Soccer League, US Club Soccer. Our office is located in Deephaven, Minnesota.