Academy 2012-2011 Players (U9-U10)
Player assessments for the 2020-2021 season took place on July 17th and 18th. There are still spaces available for those who missed the assessment. Please contact Competitive Coordinator Mary Henderson.
- Prepares and teaches players how to train and play at the highest levels in Minnesota
- Academy program requires a higher level of time and financial commitment
- Compete in the National and Regional leagues offered in Minnesota's Twin Cities Soccer League (TCSL), winter league/events, and local tournaments (U10 will travel for out-of-state tournaments)
- Train in the Academy Pool (20-24 players) and individual teams
- Coached by Tonka United professional coaches and parent volunteer coaches
- Player Development Curriculum provided, with oversight of Age Group Director
- Teams are formed evenly at U9, and tiered as Academy 1 and 2 at U10
|Fall Season (mid-August - October)||Winter Training (November-March)||Spring Season (April - mid-July)||Tournaments|
MULTI-SPORT PLAYER EXPECTATIONS
Soccer practices and games come before other sports. It needs to be the main priority. If conflicts do arise, please talk to your coaches.
|If you have a game or practice for your winter sport that conflicts with soccer, your winter sport takes precedent.||
Soccer practices and games come before other sports. It needs to the main priority. If conflicts do arise, please talk to your coaches.