Academy 2010-2007 (U11-U14)
Player assessments and tryouts for the 2020-2021 season took place in July 2020. There are still spaces available for those who missed the tryout. Please contact Competitive Coordinator Mary Henderson.
- Prepare and teach players how to train and play at the highest levels in Minnesota
- Academy program requires a higher level of time and financial commitment
- Compete in TCSL National/Regional level or MYSA (2007-2008 only) and regional and local tournaments, including Presidents Cup and selected college showcases (2007-2008 only)
- Train in the Academy Pool (20-25 players) and as individual teams
- Teams tiered as Academy 1 and Academy 2
- Coached by Tonka United Professional Head Coaches
- Player Development Curriculum and meso-cycle training plan provided, with oversight of Age Group Director
- Individual Player Development Plans provided
- Emphasis on developing players through challenging game-like situations that demand good possession habits
MULTI-SPORT PLAYER EXPECTATIONS
Fall: Soccer practices and games come before other sports. It needs to be the main priority. If conflicts do arise, please talk to your coaches.
Winter: If you have a game or practice for your winter sport that conflicts with soccer, your winter sport takes precedent.
Spring/Summer: Soccer practices and games come before other sports. It needs to the main priority. If conflicts do arise, please talk to your coaches.