Service Project Coordinator
1. Explore and select a service project for your team
- Utilize your own ideas or the resources on the next slide to pick a service project for your team
- Things to keep in mind: allergies, age of kids, need for adult supervision, location (carpooling may be needed for families to make it work)
2. Select a service project date
- It's important to connect with your coach and team manager with a recommended date and idea for the service project to make sure it works well with the team schedule.
- A service project may be a great way to keep the team connected during the winter season or a great way to reengage going into spring. It’s also a great way to bond during fall or spring. Teams have done a service project right before a team party for instance but jamming a service project into a tournament weekend might be a little tiring for the kids for example.
3. Communicate the project, date, and timing to your team
- Send an email/GroupMe/TeamSnap to your team to give them the information about the service project. You may need to include a link for registration or track RSVPs.
- Ask your Team Manager to put the event on the TeamSnap schedule
4. Execute the project & take pictures
- Make sure to execute the project day of or ensure all the details and logistics are in place for others to execute
- Send a picture or 2 to the Pitch-In Program Lead, Sarah Ostendorf at firstname.lastname@example.org and to TU staff, Kelly Loch at email@example.com
5. Input the names of the player participants in the Google Form for Recognition by May 15th
- In order to recognize the players that participated in the Pitch-In program, we need to have their names
- Input the names of each of the players along with the team name, service project description, and any other info requested into the Google Form. Please double check spelling.
- Click here for the Google Form when you’ve completed the project: https://forms.gle/8EshsHewKwguiCGd7
6. Deliver recognition to team before June 30th
- An email will be sent when certificates are ready to be picked up.
- Pick up and deliver certificates to players on your team. Ideally a part of an end of season team party