Tonka United Newsletter, Volume 5
Club Communications | March 5, 2021
Birds are chirping, snow is melting and spring will be here in the blink of a sunglass covered eye. We are working away planning and prepping for the quickly approaching start to the spring soccer season for both the competitive and recreational programs. Anyone else counting down the days until we are outside once again?!
Spring season dates are being sorted and scheduled. The wizards behind the curtains at TCSL & MYSA are doing all the collaborative and wizardly things to pull together and diligently place all the pieces together to organize the season. Final game schedules will be all set by April 3rd (TCSL) and April 10th (MYSA).
SAVE THE DATE: Assessment & Try-out Dates announced for 2021-2022 Season
- Assessments for 2013, 2012 and 2011 birth years will be held July 19 – 21, 2021. Exact days, times and location TBD for each age group.
- Tryouts for 2010 and older birth years will be held July 25 – 29, 2021. Exact days, times and location TBD for each age group.
LITTLE JUNIORS PROGRAM (PreK - 2nd grade):
REGISTRATION CLOSES THIS SUNDAY, March 7th for:
- PreSeason Skills Clinics: 4 Saturdays (3/27, 4/3, 4/10, 4/17); Hopkins Pavilion turf. More more information and registration HERE. Any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office (952) 475-9178
- Spring/Summer Season: 9 weeks (late April - late June); register for your CURRENT grade. Any questions? Send an email to email@example.com call the office (952) 475-9178.
NEW THIS SPRING - Junior Development Skills Clinics!
The Junior Development (1st & 2nd grade) players and families that are looking for MORE, now have an opportunity for optional and supplemental skills clinics. These weekly skills clinics, run by Tonka United staff, offer more focus on technical skills, support in individual development and insight into the pathway to our competitive soccer program. More information and registration details can be found HERE on the Tonka United website. Any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office (952) 475-9178.
RECREATION PROGRAM (3rd grade - high school):
Registration for the Spring/Summer season CLOSES THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 7th. Tell your friends and neighbors and get signed up together. Reminders: register for your CURRENT grade. Any questions? Send an email to email@example.com or call the office (952) 475-9178.
Tonka United office hours in March.
- Tuesdays: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursdays: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
*or by appointment; please contact Mary Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule
The office will be CLOSED for Hopkins & Minnetonka School Districts’ Spring Break: March 29 - April2
Address: 18328 Minnetonka Blvd, Deephaven, MN 55391 // Phone: 952-475-9178
Does your soccer player have passions outside of soccer? Is your soccer family involved in community service? Show us what else you do when you are not playing soccer! We want to share with our entire community. SHOW and TELL time! Email your pictures, videos, articles, etc. with a brief explanation to Kelly Loch (email@example.com).
Tonka United is a membership club with Soccer Parenting Association. This means an abundance of meaningful resources for you and your family, right at your fingertips.
Sign up for exclusive access to articles, interviews, courses, ebooks, community forums, and more - all specifically created to support, guide, educate and engage soccer parents. Click HERE to get started with your FREE Soccer Parenting Association account.
- March 7: Registration closes for Little Junior PreSeason Skills Clinics
- March 7: Registration closes for Little Junior & Recreation Spring/Summer Season
- March 29 - April 2: OFFICE IS CLOSED; SPRING BREAK
FOLLOW, LIKE, TAG & SHARE: