Free Play Family Fridays
Tonka United is hosting Free Play Family Friday events throughout the summer! First day is May 14th.
Come play pick up games in a fun environment with other Tonka United players, families and fellow community members outside of the regular team training environment.
- Dates: Fridays May 14-July 16 (NO Free Play June 11 or July 2) - Come for any of all of these dates
- Time: 6:00-8:00 pm - You do not have to be there the entire time, join and leave as you please
- Location: MMW Fields
- Who: U8-U18 and 1st-12th grade players, parents and famliy members - all are welcome and encouraged to play!
- Sign-up: No cost or prior sign up required - just arrive, give your name to a present Tonka United staff member or volunteer, and jump into a game! Parents interested in helping with this quick check in process for single or multiple events please reach out to Eli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Details:
- Bring a white and blue shirt (or Tonka jerseys)
- Bring a ball and water bottle
- Games will be age specifc depending on number of players and ages
- COVID: View current club policy here
- Weather Policy: If it is raining or rain is forecasted, event will be cancelled
If you attended a Free Play Family Friday event and tested positive for COVID, please contact Bobbi immediately at email@example.com.
What is Free Play?
Free Play is exactly as it sounds. Soccer that encourages freedom of play and creativity and decision-making while being free of delibriate coaching and training structure. Players and soccer fans alike gather within their communities across the world to play these loosely organized pick-up games. They express their love for the game and learn from the game simetanouesly. Autonomy and leadership skills are called upon through all ages as participants collectively manage their own games, rules and teams while creating friendly but competitive environments. Most importantly, Free Play is a fun way to enjoy and learn soccer!