01.05.2022 - UPDATE
Tonka United Families,
A reminder that Covid-19 is still active and we ask all our families to continue to be diligent about reporting positive Covid-19 cases in their players to Tonka United, as well as player close contact exposure to positive Covid-19 cases. Our Covid Coordinator, Bobbi Hoebelheinrich, will assist families in determining what quarantine situations apply to help keep teammates and coaches healthy and safe. Tonka United follows MN Dept of Health’s most recent Quarantine Guidelines.
Masks are requested for unvaccinated players and recommended for vaccinated players at all. View below for specific facilitiy guidelines.
- East Carver Dome - masking is required for all individuals. Masks are required on benches and traveling throughout the dome and building for all spectators and coaches at all times. Players who are playing will have the ability to remove masks when actively participating.
- Hopkins North Junior High - masks are required for all individuals walking through the hallways to the gym. Players who are playing will have the ability to remove masks when actively participating.
- Eden Prairie Dome - masking is required for all individuals. Masks are required on benches and traveling throughout the dome for all spectators, players, and coaches at all times. Masks are recommended during play and will be at your discretion.
COVID-19 REPORTING PROCESS
In the event that a player, coach, staff member, or immediate family member tests positive for COVID-19, that case must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Covid-19 cases must be reported regardless of vaccination status.
This information will be held confidential as to the name of the player and their family. The confirmed information will be used for contact tracing and to notify the families in the training group or team as appropriate.
Should a participant, coach, or staff member test positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending a soccer game, event, or practice, Tonka United will send a communication to participants and parents within any group connected with the participant who has tested positive.
GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- If your player is sick or feels sick, please have them STAY HOME.
- If your player is unvaccinated and has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please have them STAY HOME.
- Parents are to ensure that their player is not ill or displaying symptoms prior to each practice or game. (Fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, upset stomach, red or swollen toes are current symptoms of COVID-19).
- Each player must have their own equipment, including ball, water, and hand sanitizer.
- Players must not share water bottles
- Players wearing masks are at parent discretion.
Thank you for helping us keep our community healthy and safe this fall!
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.