General Recreational Soccer Information
The purpose of the Tonka United Soccer Association (TUSA) rec program is to provide an opportunity for young players and their families to have fun while learning about soccer. TUSA operates independently of the Hopkins/Minnetonka Rec and Chanhassen Park & Rec, under the support and direction of the TUSA Board with the help of a full-time Director of Operations, Director of Coaching and Rec Director. The club relies on parents as volunteer coaches
to help provide a positive experience for each team. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to become a volunteer coach today!
Tonka Spring-Summer Rec
TUSA facilitates a Spring-Summer Recreational Soccer Program offering more than 1300 youth, ages 4-18, the opportunity to play soccer with the help of more than 200 volunteer coaches and age group coordinators. See below for more details:
- Tonka Spring-Summer Rec runs late April through early- to mid-July. The 2013 season will run April 22-June 29.
- Tonka Spring-Summer Rec typically consists of one practice and one game per week, with approximately 9-10 games per season.
- Click HERE to find out Playing Days and Locations for your son or daughter.
- Teams set up their own practice schedule based on their needs.
- The Tonka Blast is our annual end of the year festival for our rec teams Pre-K - 8th grade. Games, prizes, contests, face painting, and a concession stand are part of the Blast. Each team is guaranteed two games. This year's Blast will be on Saturday, June 29, 2013. Games and schedules will be published on the website two weeks prior to the end of the season.
In addition, TUSA also facilitates other recreational soccer opportunities throughout the calendar year. Please see below for options:
- The Tonka United Fall Recreational Soccer Program runs for 5-6 weeks in September-October each year for ages Kindegarten-4th Grade.
- The Winter Starz of Tomorrow Clinic, for Pre-K - 4th grade, runs Jan-Feb each year @ the Tonka Dome (Minnetonka High School Stadium Field - indoors!), and March-April @ Hopkins Pavilion.
- The Summer Starz Camp for ages 4-10 runs the first week out of school. The 2013 camp will run June 10-14 @ Minnetonka Middle School West. Click HERE for more details.
Summer Pre-K Program Details
- Six-game season runs Monday evenings - May 13, 20, June 3, 10, 17, 24 (No games on Memorial Day)
- Registration Open January 28th - March 30th
- Must be 4 years old by May 1st
- Teams are coached by parent volunteers
- Tonka United Recreational Trainers will be on each field to help team parent coaches
- Games are 4v4 (no goalkeepers)
- Structure – 45 minutes
- 15 minutes dribbling games
- 20 minute game with running time
- Cost: $70 (includes Play United T-shirt)
Tonka Fall Rec
- Tonka runs a Fun Fall Season which consists of Saturday only games beginning with a short skills session.
- Season runs Sept. 7th-Oct. 12th, 2013
Other Important Information
At TUSA, we play small-sided games to give players an opportunity to get more "touches on the ball". All players should play about the same amount of time in each game and should have an opportunity to play in each position. This is a NO score, NO standings, NO protest league.This rule applies to coaches, parents, players and spectators.
While our rules are based on the FIFA Laws of Soccer, they have been modified to establish an environment for a healthy, fun program as well as create opportunities for every player to be successful. Click HERE to go to the Rules page.